3.09.2012

Bummer, for sure....

...sometime last weekend my external hard drive died....along with 7 years of scrapbook layouts, cards and creations.  It also had over 6 years of photos and file.  I know hat you are thinking....it was only a back-up, right?  Well....yes and no.  A month or so ago, my desktop was starting to run slow and in an effort to free up space, I transferred everything to my external hard drive.  After all, it was less than 1 year old and had tons of space on it.  I figured that I would burn them all to disks or get another hard drive sometime soon....well, soon didn't come fast enough.  I lost it all. 

Needless to say, I am not a fan of external hard drives....

Luckily, I have post of my creations on flickr and most of my photos on Costco.com.  But, not all of them...only the ones, I have already printed out.  If I was saving them to print later, they are all gone.  Devastated doesn't even come close to how I feel.  But, the tech guys we know say it is a long and very expensive process to get them off of there....so sad, so sad indeed.

So to make myself feel better, I started snapping away....and my favorite subject these days?  Why William, of course!



4 comments:

Patti said...

A real BIG bummer -- been that road before, but fortunately I didn't have quite as many years on file. Ugh.

Brianna Marshall said...

oh thats just horrible!super devistating,but you have such a great subject to build more files with!he is too cute!

April said...

I'm SO sorry about your pictures. :(

Shellye said...

I'm sorry too, Kim! I had a photographer friend that this happened to...she took her computer in and a technician was able to retrieve her photos...maybe that would work for you too :)

Blog Archive