6.18.2009

An Amazing Day Already!

I woke up so early this morning - all I could think about was my new grandbaby! I woke up thinking about some creative ways to get down to Missouri this summer. Turns out some of the Hawaiian Miles that we have just sitting around are good on Delta Airlines who just happens to fly to Missouri. So, I am going to look into that today! Now to schedule it in between soccer tournaments, the Choir tour and jury duty.

Yep--Jury Duty. But, I am okay with it. Ask me again during the week I have to serve and see how much I am liking it!

Are you ready for the amazing part?

So, I'm laying in bed this morning, browsing the internet on the laptop looking at hotels, car rentals, and airline flights --- and monitoring my email. Up pops notice of an RSS Feed that I get to a scrapbooking manufacturer's blog - Reminisce Paper Company. I clicked on it ----- completely forgetting that today was the big contest announcement. Guess what? I won! Yep---I won first prize - $500 cash! Can you believe that? That is so the Lord's way of helping us get to Missouri! Check it out:

http://reminisce.typepad.com/reminisce/2009/06/and-the-winners-of-the-500-freedom-collection-challenge-are.html

Here is the layout I designed with their Freedom Collection:

my all american boy

Amazing! But wait there is more! I had a couple fun things published this morning on the Cosmo Cricket Blog too! Check it out:

http://cosmocricket.typepad.com/cosmo_cricket/2009/06/friend-faves-fursday.html

And to top it off --- I am the Guest Design Team Member for July over at Scrap Dango!

Needless to say --- I was running around the house screaming this morning --I'm on cloud 9 and I'm pretty sure this day couldn't get any better!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! SO exciting ... but not surprised at all, your pages rock. Congrats! :)

mustangkayla said...

What a fabulous morning! Your Reminisce l/o is incredible, congrats on the big win! I saw your l/o's on Cosmos blog this morning! Congrats on the DT spot at Scrap Dango!

Eva said...

Congrats on your new grand baby!!! How exciting that is!!!! And congrats on making it on the Cosmo Cricket blog, too!! And your layout you are showing here is awesome, too!

Urban Scrapbooker said...

I'm so proud of you. I knew I had the best designer in the world! $500 bucks! That is so amazing! And a new grandbaby too? Wow! This is an amazing day for sure!

Karen said...

Super cool layout and I love all the strips of paper around the circle. Congrats on your Scrapdango Guest DT gig and on your new little grand baby!! :)

Gina said...

Congratulations!!! Your LO is Amazing! Have a great time visiting your new grandbaby! God works in mysterious ways and you deserve this! :)

Shelley Haganman said...

Congratulations on your winning the Reminisce contest!! I LOVED your page!! Woo hoo! Shelley

Shirley said...

Wow girl you had an awesome day! Congrats! So hope you can figure out how to get to see that new baby!

BabyBokChoy said...

So extremely well deserved, your layout is amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!! congratulations!!!!! and Happy Missouri!!! HEE HEE

TraceyT said...

What a fantastic page. HUGE congrats to you.

Blog Archive