7.23.2008

Tons of stuff to tell you-----

We are safely home from Chicago and have tons to share with you:

-We had a great time meeting up with all my online friends, especially the folks I design for. They are all fabulous---they welcomed Jordan like she was family and we had some awesome times together.

Here we all are - all my favorite people - Sherry, Brenna & Krista from Dixie Pieces; Sher & Missy from the Scrap Diner; and Brooke from the Urban Scrapbooker. It was so wonderful to get to chat and to explore all the new scrap goodies with the people who believe in me continually. They are always supportive and uplifting even when I am down. I count on them all and they are always there. I am blessed with wonderful friends and these folks top the list.

MY CREW 5-7

In addition, we got to meet a couple more gals from the Dixie Pieces Community, Marci & Val:

DIXIE PIECES FRIENDS 5-7

So much fun to actually get to meet them in real life - We wandered around the show for 3 days and picked up some fabulous samples and even won some great prices. Both Jordan and I were grand prize winners from the Making Memories booth. We each one these packed full of older Making Memories product including albums and stamps:

593dad9110781b3cc02775c5279a2fd2

Jordan won one of these:

5814

It is a brand new home die cutting system that will be released in October and mailed to us. In addition, I won a complete Wall Storage System complete with plastic modular containers. I had to mail it home to myself since it was so big!

We had tons of luck throughout the whole trip. It was almost the perfect trip! Our plane was early, our luggage was the first ones out, the shuttle was there waiting for us, the hotel was incredible (not that it was anything special---but the staff was so friendly and helpful), the train was easy, the list goes on and on.

What made the trip for me was being able to spend it with Jordan. We explored Chicago together and totally enjoyed it all. In addition to the Navy Pier and the Batman Premier, we had Chicago style pizza, created tons of art, visited the art museum, shopped and got to stand on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. Yep---that's right, we stood next to the pit. Coach Mark, who used to work on the floor, had some connections. We were able to clear security and stand on the floor surrounded by screaming stock brokers, flying paper, and tons of numbers. It was the coolest thing ever. Truly an amazing scene. Loved it.

To top off our time together, we bonded in a tattoo parlor --that's right, a tattoo parlor. There were no tattoo's for us, but we did get our noses pierced. It was true bonding! I have wanted to for quite some time --- totally out of character for me --- but something I have wanted for a while now. With Sher's support and Jordan's company, I finally did it. It feels really good to have gone against the grain of what is expected of me. Kind of satisfies the rebelious side of me! & you know what? I like it -- it hurt, but I am so glad I did it!

IMG_0626

IMG_0625

nose me

Have tons more pics---I will see waht I can get up here tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - sounds like you had a blast! And congrats on the wins!! Your noses are SO cute. :)

Anonymous said...

ahhh your nose is so cute!!! im so happy you had a great time!! much needed vacation/bonding!!...ill be home in 14 days!! cant wait!!

xoxo
Michelle

TanishaRenee said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! How luck are you to win all of that cool stuff!

Marci Knecht said...

I swear you're the luckiest person I've ever met! I'm so glad that you had a good time. Jordan is an absolute doll - you raised her right ;)

Blog Archive