1.28.2008

Finally - it's here.

SNOW that is. We woke up this morning to a couple of inches of fluffly white stuff. They have been promising us for what seems like forever and to top it off, the temperature hasn't been over 40 degrees in a month.

So waking up to a beautiful blanket of white is truly a blessing! Here was the view from my office at 7 am:

snow for blog

Now, for the catch 22. The public schools have closed for the day - but we are homeschoolers. I spend hours yesterday working on our schedule for the next 3 weeks. If I give them the day off, I will need to rework the whole thing. That is not going to happen. So, needless to say, my boys are a little frustrated with me. However, I just reminded them, that come June when all the neighbors are in class until the 22nd, we will be finishing on June 1st! That got them going. Chase & Luke have already started with hopes of finishing very early in the day. It's only 7:30 so they should be done by noon. I took a few things off their assignment list that weren't necessary to the plan as a whole. Compromise is good.

2 comments:

karen (akaliz) said...

goodness woman! how do you do all of that? are there two of you?

Anonymous said...

the pic from the window is beautiful mom

Blog Archive