11.08.2007

It's Thursday again????

So where did the time go? Could I have it back please? Come on-give it back? I know you have it! You lost it too? Okay, I guess it's time to move on.

Did everyone see this article in Newsweek? http://www.newsweek.com/id/67947 Scrapbooking has finally made it to the bigtime! All it took was a scandal and a bunch of crabby women. Now we are all labeled! Typical. The only thing that I have to say, is "it's a contest, everyone should follow the rules". Of course I love her work, I love everyone's work - but rules are rules.

So, I went it to work for my first shift yesterday. Can't say much about it yet because I spent most of the time taking little mini tests on medical stuff. But, I can tell you that it's a fun atmosphere - everyone is nice to be around and the place seems well run. The most exciting time was when I got home though.

Ok, so I had written a very detailed plan in the scheduler. Made sure everyone knew what, where and when they were suppose to take care of things. Well, when I got home, they were watching a movie (remember - we have NO screen time during the school week), no one was done with school except Luke, their chores were not done, and the art project that I thought would take an hour, they did in 5 minutes. Needless to say, the creations weren't masterpieces! Have to tell you honestly that I blew a fuse! The tears came, the guilt surfaced and boy did everyone get an earfull.

Of course, it turned out for the best - we had a family meeting and made sure everyone was on the same page as far as why I took a part time job, what everyone's expectations were, and how we will handle it in the future. We ended up at the table playing yatzhee. Luke won - he always does. Family bliss is restored.

So, it's Thursday - I'm dropping the boys off at school and running to the Urban Scrapbooker to see her new product! Can't wait. I'll take my camera with me today and share my favorite products.

Have a great Thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive